Amazon is opening a new physical retail store in Los Angeles, the company announced on Tuesday. The store, called Amazon Style, will be located at The Americana at Brand in Glendale, California.
Amazon Style will sell clothing, shoes, and accessories from a variety of brands. The store will also feature Amazon’s Just Walk Out technology, which allows customers to shop without having to wait in line or scan items.
Amazon Style is the latest in a series of physical retail stores that Amazon has opened in recent years. The company has opened bookstores, grocery stores, and convenience stores, and it is also planning to open a chain of department stores.
The opening of Amazon Style is a sign of the company’s continued interest in physical retail. Amazon has said that it believes that physical stores can complement its online business by providing customers with a more convenient and personalized shopping experience.
The opening of Amazon Style is also a sign of the growing competition in the retail industry. Amazon is facing increasing competition from traditional retailers, as well as from other e-commerce companies such as Walmart and Target.
Amazon Style is expected to open in the fall of 2023. The store will be open seven days a week, from 10am to 9pm.
Here are some additional details about Amazon Style:
- The store will be about 30,000 square feet.
- It will feature clothing, shoes, and accessories from a variety of brands, including Levi’s, Nike, and Calvin Klein.
- The store will also have a selection of home goods and electronics.
- Amazon’s Just Walk Out technology will be used throughout the store. This technology uses sensors and cameras to track customers as they shop, so they can pick up items and leave the store without having to wait in line or scan items.
- Amazon Style will also have a number of features that are designed to make shopping more convenient and personalized, such as:
- A fitting room that uses augmented reality to help customers try on clothes
- A recommendation engine that suggests items based on customers’ past purchases
- A styling service that helps customers put together outfits
Amazon Style is expected to be a popular destination for shoppers in Los Angeles. The store’s convenient location, wide selection of products, and innovative technology are all likely to appeal to customers. Amazon Style is also likely to be a test case for Amazon’s physical retail strategy. The company will be watching closely to see how the store performs and whether it can be replicated in other markets.