1. U.S. govt shutdown averted: Lawmakers reached an agreement on a key spending invoice late Sunday, heading off the potential for a government shutdown.
If licensed by using the house and Senate the invoice would fund the federal government in the course of the finish of September, senior aides from both parties advised CNN.
Votes in each chambers are expected through the end of the week.
2. 100 days of Trump: President Trump passed the symbolic first one hundred days mark on Saturday.
His first major economic report was once a disappointment, then again. On Friday, information confirmed that U.S. GDP grew with the aid of its slowest percent in three years all through the primary quarter.
The inventory market deals a more optimistic picture. The S&P 500 has rallied 11.6% between Trump’s election victory and Friday. that’s the second-very best opening performance for a president given that an 18% surge under President Kennedy in 1961.
Trump hasn’t scored any main legislative victories, however he does have one big win: The affirmation of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme court docket.
prior to the Bell newsletter: Key market news. for your inbox. Subscribe now!
3. global market overview: U.S. inventory futures were better early on Monday.
Most European and Asian markets had been closed for a vacation on Monday. Japan’s Nikkei, one of the crucial few global markets trading, finished its session greater.
The Dow Jones industrial average closed zero.2% lower Friday, whereas the S&P 500 shed 0.2% and the Nasdaq completed flat.
4. stock market movers — Netflix: Shares in Netflix ( have been lower in premarket trading Monday after a hacker said he stole and leaked episodes of the corporate’s hit series “Orange is the new Black.” , Tech30)
Netflix said it had ignored a request for ransom money. the company stated that “the appropriate law enforcement authorities are concerned” within the situation.
“Orange is the new Black” is one of the streaming company’s marquee franchises.
5. Economics: U.S. non-public spending and consumption knowledge might be revealed at 8:30 a.m. ET.
At 10 a.m., the Institute for provide management’s April manufacturing gauge is scheduled for release. buyers might be on the lookout for signs of a Trump bump.
obtain CNN MoneyStream for up-to-the-minute market data and news
6. Coming this week:
Monday — U.S. private spending document
Tuesday — U.S. Federal Reserve begins two-day meeting; Apple (, , Tech30)Aetna (, )BP (, )MasterCard ( salary )
Wednesday — Fed charges resolution; facebook (, , Tech30)Tesla (, )Fitbit ( income, U.S. crude inventories information )
Thursday — CBS ( income, U.S. exchange balance data )
Friday — U.S. jobs document for April
Saturday — Berkshire Hathaway annual shareholder meeting
CNNMoney (London) First printed could 1, 2017: 4:forty eight AM ET
latest financial news – CNNMoney.com