1. Mourning for Manchester: A deadly attack outside an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester area in the U.okay. killed at the least 22 people, including children.
Manchester Police say the bombing was once performed via a lone suspect who died at the scene, however they are nonetheless investigating whether the bomber will have been a part of a much wider network.
It was once the worst terror attack within the U.k. because the London bombings in 2005 and got here lower than three weeks before a normal election on June 8.
Political events suspended their campaigns and news of the assault forged a shadow over monetary markets.
Most Asian markets ended the day with losses and the temper used to be calm however cautious in Europe. London’s FTSE a hundred index edged a little larger as the British pound weakened. other European indexes made modest features.
U.S. stock futures are edging up somewhat. Crude oil and steel costs are slipping.
learn the most recent on the Manchester assault
2. Trump’s funds: The Trump administration is ready to unveil its funds Tuesday. it is going to minimize tons of of billions of bucks from applications similar to Medicaid, food stamps and incapacity insurance.
Mick Mulvaney, Trump’s funds director, spelled it out for journalists on Monday. the largest financial savings within the funds would come from these things:
1. Cuts to Medicaid (Over $ 600 billion in the subsequent decade)
2. Cuts to food stamps, known as SNAP ($ 193 billion over 10 years)
3. Cuts to pupil loans ($ 143 billion over 10 years)
four. Cuts to federal employee retirement packages ($ sixty three billion over 10 years)
nearly 1 in 5 americans use Medicaid, and over 1 in 10 are on meals stamps.
three. revenue: Take-Two Interactive ( is likely one of the key firms reporting salary on Tuesday morning. )
the corporate in the back of the favored online game Grand Theft Auto has already disillusioned investors after saying that the release of its new game — red lifeless Redemption 2 — shall be delayed until the spring of 2018.
That news pushed Take-Two shares sharply decrease in a single day.
Shares within the healthcare merchandise agency Perrigo ( are additionally shedding after the corporate had to restate its 2016 earnings. the company is keeping a convention call this morning to talk about the revised results. )
Intuit (, the maker of tax training device, is scheduled to post cash after the shut. traders will be looking to peer if Intuit weighs in on Trump’s efforts to rewrite the tax code. )
4. Economics: The U.S. Census Bureau will document new house gross sales information for April at 10 a.m. ET. large features in March have been pushed by way of a 26% sales increase in the Northeast.
but economists imagine new residence sales would have cooled off in April.
obtain CNN MoneyStream for up-to-the-minute market knowledge and information
5. Coming this week:
Tuesday — President Trump’s finances to be launched; Amazon ( annual shareholder assembly , Tech30)
Wednesday — current dwelling gross sales numbers; salary from Tiffany ()
Thursday — Oil ministers from OPEC nations meet; cash from Abercrombie & Fitch (, )absolute best purchase ( and )Costco (; )fb ( founder Mark Zuckerberg gives a graduation speech at Harvard , Tech30)
Friday — 2d estimate of first-quarter U.S. GDP
CNNMoney (London) First published may just 23, 2017: four:fifty nine AM ET
latest monetary information – CNNMoney.com