1. Oh, snap!: Shares in Snap ( fell as a lot as 25% in prolonged trading after the corporate posted a stunning loss in its debut quarter as a public firm. )
The father or mother company of Snapchat suffered a loss of $ 2.2 billion in the March quarter, while gross sales totaled most effective $ one hundred fifty million.
Snap is facing fierce competition from facebook (, which has included Snapchat-like digital camera options into Instagram and Whatsapp. , Tech30)
2. Retail income: Macy’s ( and )Kohl’s ( are set to report earnings ahead of the bell on Thursday. each are expected to reveal shrinking profits. )
shops had been struggling with falling gross sales, and lots of have been pressured to cut jobs and close shops.
Shares in Macy’s and Kohl’s have misplaced about one-fifth of their worth this yr.
Nordstrom ( will record after the closing bell, and it is expected to ship a more upbeat message. The upscale retailer’s inventory has outperformed many of its friends. )
3. computer ban: division of homeland safety officials will speak with airline industry representatives on Thursday concerning the electronics ban on aircraft because the company considers a selection of a safety measure, consistent with DHS and trade sources.
according to media experiences, the ban on massive electronics could be expanded to include flights from Europe.
European airline shares had been lower in early trading, however losses had been delicate.
four. international market overview: U.S. inventory futures have been lower early Thursday.
European markets opened mixed, while Asia completed the session largely greater.
The Dow Jones industrial average closed 0.1% lower on Wednesday, whereas the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq have been each 0.1% larger.
earlier than the Bell publication: Key market information. for your inbox. Subscribe now!
5. stock market movers — complete meals: Shares in complete foods ( surged in prolonged trading after the company announced Wednesday it is getting a brand new chief financial officer, chairman and is changing five board individuals. )
6. Economics: a 3-day assembly of G7 finance ministers starts in Italy on Thursday.
Italian officers have said they’re going to maintain global exchange off the authentic agenda, to avoid disagreements between the U.S. and different individuals.
Britain’s principal bank will announce a choice on interest rates and its monthly inflation record at 7 a.m. ET on Thursday. This will likely be followed by using a press conference by means of the bank’s governor Mark Carney at 7:30 a.m. ET.
the click conference comes at a sensitive time — the U.ok. will hold a normal election in early June.
obtain CNN MoneyStream for up-to-the-minute market information and information
the ecu commission revealed its spring financial forecast Thursday morning. It expects the euro space to develop 1.7% in 2017, up from the 1.6% price it forecast in February. It expects “steady boom” for european as a complete, however the picture will range throughout member states.
7. Coming this week:
Thursday — Kohl’s and Macy’s revenue; G7 summit; eu economic forecast; bank of England charge determination and inflation report
Friday — U.S. inflation data; college of Michigan self assurance Survey; JCPenney income; Retail sales file; G7 summit day 2; German GDP information
CNNMoney (London) First published may 11, 2017: 5:12 AM ET
latest monetary news – CNNMoney.com