Google Maps is high-quality for assisting you to find your location — and even assisting you discover your motor vehicle — however the app can additionally assist other individuals find you.
Maps has an with no trouble neglected feature for sharing your actual-time whereabouts with somebody so that they can see exactly the place you are, despite the fact that you’re moving, and then navigate to your place. that you may use the identical feature to let a trusted adult hold tabs on your shuttle development to a selected location and comprehend exactly if you happen to’re set to arrive.
The best part? It’s all extremely simple to do. The trick is understanding the place to appear.
Share your location
in the event you need somebody to be in a position to track your area:
- Open the Maps app to your iOS or Android machine
- faucet the blue dot, which represents your current location, then opt for “Share area” from the menu that seems. (If it’s your first time the use of Maps for this sort of goal, your phone might also instant you to authorize the app to access your contacts earlier than carrying on with.)
- in case you need to share your location for a specific amount of time, opt for the “1 hour” choice, and then use the blue plus and minus buttons to raise or lessen the time as essential
- if you wish to share your area indefinitely — unless you manually turn it off — opt for the “until you turn this off” choice
- On Android, choose the grownup with whom you wish to share your area from the checklist of recommended contacts or opt for an app (like Gmail or Messages) to ship a non-public hyperlink. that you would be able to also decide to copy the link to your device clipboard and then paste it anywhere you like.
- On an iPhone, tap “select people” to choose someone from your contacts, opt for “Message” to ship a non-public hyperlink to somebody for your messaging app, or select “more” to ship a private link by the use of one more communication service. Your cell may immediate you to give Maps ongoing access to your region earlier than it moves ahead.
- in case you share your location within Maps itself — by using making a choice on a contact as adverse to sending a hyperlink via an exterior app — the person with whom you are sharing your location will get a notification on their mobile. additionally, for those who choose “location sharing” in Maps’ facet menu, you are going to see an icon on true for both you and the person you’re sharing with. select the adult’s icon, and a bar on the backside of the screen will allow you to cease sharing, share your region once again, or request that the adult share their location with you.
To manually cease Maps from sharing your region:
- Open the Maps app, and seek the “Sharing your vicinity” bar at the bottom of the reveal
- faucet the “x” next to the road that claims how and for a way long your area is being shared
Share your commute’s growth
in case you need a person to be able to see your region and estimated arrival time when you’re en path to a particular vacation spot:
- Open the Maps app, and begin navigating to your vacation spot
- Swipe up on the bar on the bottom of the display (where your closing shuttle time is proven), then opt for “Share travel growth” from the menu that looks
- opt for the identify of the grownup with whom you want to share your progress or select an app you need to use for sharing
- Swipe up once more on the bar on the backside of the display
- opt for “stop sharing” from the menu that looks