Twitter’s newest analysis into what makes a video a success on the platform has printed some fascinating insights – and inspired some bold statements from the micro-weblog massive.
as an example:
“The numbers showed that Twitter’s users lead the percent in enjoying, sharing and talking about movies”
And whereas such grandiose claims are to be expected inside the context of a platform’s advertising strategy, Twitter’s basing this on their findings after examining engagement within 4.2 million Twitter conversations and interviewing 2,000 US and UK customers.
amongst Twitter’s key discoveries, they found that:
- Twitter users are 28% extra likely to speak with others about movies they’ve watched, in comparison with the typical on-line video viewer
- 72% of Twitter customers continuously make a comment about video on-line, greater than on the other primary digital structures
- One in 4 users touch upon movies to provoke new discussion or debate – an uplift of 56% vs. the common video viewer
but probably their most interesting discovery used to be this:
“…the secret to video success is second-wave sharing. Influencers may just create an initial buzz round a video, however it takes some other round of sharing for that video to make it large. only one in 5 movies we tested have been in a position to motivate a 2nd wave of influencers to comment and Retweet, but over ninety% of movies that reached that second wave have been a hit.”
So what does “2nd-wave sharing” if truth be told imply?
Incorporating the conversational component of Twitter, second-wave sharing relates to inspiring conversation past the unique tweet. As stated, with seventy two% of users ceaselessly commenting, the second wave goes past an preliminary like or re-tweet, and sparks additional conversation around that subject.
brands can advised such action through:
- constructing emotional connection – Twitter found that whereas humor, as an example, is excellent for sparking first-wave sharing, videos that trigger deeper emotional response as well, like hope or delight, are twice as likely to make it big
- Linking into a trending topic or dialogue – Twitter says that “of the second” movies operate easiest, content that’s well timed and focussed on trending events – “whether or not that used to be something as exclusive as an awards ceremony or as universal as a snow fall”.
- Telling a story – Sharing a super story can inspire more hobby, as well as initiating wider discussion.
Twitter’s incorporated the implications of their analysis into this new infographic, which is a must read for someone looking to utilize video content on the platform.
Let’s block commercials! (Why?)