Executives at Twitter make a lot of money. however it’s no longer just like they make a lot of money relative to you or me, or compared to lower level staff throughout the organization. a few executives at Twitter make some huge cash in comparison with their peers at public companies typically, tech or in any other case.
on the same time, they haven’t finished a great job of getting a return for his or her shareholders. Twitter stock has fallen by means of 65 p.c since it listed in late 2013, and that lengthy-term pattern doesn’t appear love it’s going to finish each time soon.
however about that executive comp: Former Twitter COO Adam Bain made almost $ 30 million final 12 months — which is an remarkable quantity during a period of time in which the stock declined 30 p.c.
Bain is long gone now and assuming his function is Anthony Noto, who will grasp down each the COO and CFO jobs for the foreseeable future. whereas Noto made not up to Bain, he nonetheless managed to pull in $ 23.7 million in whole compensation for 2016, as proven within the chart below:
I used to be curious how Twitter exec compensation matched up towards other public firms out there. So I went down the checklist of the top 50 public firms through market cap and appeared up how so much they paid their top professionals in 2016.
With that in mind, right here’s a now not-very-comprehensive list of public firm executives who made less money than Anthony Noto last 12 months, in keeping with Morningstar:
- Apple CEO Tim cook dinner – $ eight.7 million
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella – $ 17.7 million
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos – $ 1.7 million
- Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett – $ 487,881
- fb CEO Mark Zuckerberg – $ 5 million
- facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg – $ 18.7 million
- GE CEO Jeff Immelt – $ 21.3 million
- bank of the us CEO Brian Moynihan – $ 15.9 million
- P&G CEO David Taylor -$ 14.4 million
- Walmart CEO Doug McMillon – $ 19.eight million
- Visa CEO Charles Scharf – $ sixteen.four million
- Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam – $ 17.7 million
- Intel CEO Brian Krzanich – $ 19.1 million
- Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins – $ 16 million